Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Seuss




Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review of Matched by Ally Condie

Matched
By Ally Condie
Matched (Matched, #1)

            In the Society officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.
Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one…until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no else has ever dared to follow – between perfection and passion.
            Matched is a story for right now and storytelling with the resonance of a classic.

I passed this book by once in the bookstore. I was intrigued but wasn’t captured by the description. Ally Condie is a local author in the Salt Lake City, UT area and I usually always try to read and support them.  Well I read a review from another of my favorite bloggers at E&K Family Book Review and I knew I had to get this book.  I was not disappointed either.

I totally fell in love with Cassia. She follows the rules and never even thought about deterring from the path. Well until her Matching Banquet when the sight of another on her screen sets her mind into thinking on its own. She starts to think that there could be other choices out there in the world that are correct and not just what the Society officials tell you. So many other things happen with people in her family that confirm to her that she wants more than a ‘prescribed’ life. The hard part is that both of her loves – Xander & Ky – are each amazing. She is put in a tough position to decide on what to do. Should she follow her heart or just stick to the plan so no one else gets hurt even though she won’t be happy?

This is more than just a love story and that is why I love this book. Remember I love a good love story but I love a book so much more when they entwine that love story with drama and action.  Fabulous clean, easy read for any age. I give it 4 stars!


No comments: