Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Seuss




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What an Amazing Day!

Disclaimer: I did warn you I don't always talk about books!  Oh yeah and I have a tendency to ramble - you have been warned, proceed with caution.
What a fabulous day today! I wake up to find a very kind and gracious email from an amazing author thanking me for my review. That was very special and I am very grateful. Just so everyone knows this also just goes to show you how great of a person Karey White is - remember author's are people too. I know we idolize them for their great talents and put them on a pedestal - wait is that just me? Well I do because I can't write or be creative so I worship them and live vicariously through their talents in their stories. Anyways, she was kind and thanked me and not just because I gave her a nice review (which was well deserved by the way). I appreciate her time and thoughtfulness. 

Next great item - spent the day with my family from going to lunch to book shopping while we waited for my oldest son to get finished and sworn into the US Army. He has been in the National Guard for the last 3 years and is transferring to the Special Forces in active duty Army. He is amazing and we are so proud of him.

Next great item - Continuation from the last item - book shopping!!! I love, love, love book shopping. It just soothes my soul to bring home new books. Bought 6 new books today. Can't wait to get started on them. Now I just have to decide which one to start first - decisions, decisions. We went to Barnes and Noble and then to the King's English. I have always loved B&N, but have never been to The King's English before. What an exciting event. My 14 year old son had a blast roaming around their rooms and checking out the great books. If you have not had this experience and are near Salt Lake City you must visit this place. Click on the link above and it will connect you to their website so you can check it out for yourself. 

Another great item - Tonight my 17 year old daughter and I both spoke at a church event. She was amazing! We spoke to probably 100 people - teenage young women (12-18) and their parents. She is such a great girl that is exceptional about sharing her love of our Savior Jesus Christ. I spoke after her and that was a tough act to follow. But it was subject I am passionate about and had a great time. I hope they did too but they already know about my not a speaker but a rambler warning!

Now I am just home sharing with all of you how grateful I am for my family, friends, and those good people that take just a few minutes of their day to make someone else feel good. Now I will snuggle up for a while with my good book and get ready for another amazing day to begin.

No comments: