Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Seuss




Friday, March 4, 2011

Introduction of She Reads She Blogs

Why the name? Well my creative husband so kindly came up with a couple of names and then he and my daughter voted on their favorite. This is the winner!

Why blog? Well I love, adore, can't get enough of reading! You may think this is some kind of understatement but seriously I live to read. (this was a version of another blog name my honey thought up) I hate that I have to sleep because I would rather spend it reading - and this says a lot since I really love my sleep too. I love to share my ideas and thoughts about books that I read. I love to recommend and not recommend books to those around me. I don't even have to know you to do this either! Just ask those who have had the pleasure/displeasure to sit by me on a plane.

I have to say though that I am NOT a writer! I am a reader. Some may come to interpret that I should still be a fluent, well organized writer. After all don't we learn a lot of our grammar and sentence structure from reading? While that may be true that doesn't always apply especially when I am very excited and can't wait to spit it all out before it gets lost in my head somewhere. This follows the same format that I am not a speaker but more of a rambler. So please be kind as I write on this blog about books I love and even those I don't.

Please feel free to comment on my posts and especially my book reviews. We all interpret stories differently and so additional critques are appreciated.  Please be kind and respectful though. We may not all like a book and while it is perfectly good to say so it is not alright to completely and unkindly trash an author. I will delete such posts. Constructive criticism only please!

One last note: I hope you join me on this journey of great literature and visit frequently. However, I may not always just blog about books. I may choose movies, kids, or really just life in general. So proceed with care!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I love your blog! I'm jealous at how cute it is. You have figured out a lot more about it than I have! Maybe I could get some lessons from you if it doesn't take much time. Cute idea, too. I'm going to have to look into the book blogs link down at the bottom of your page.