Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week - "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Seuss




Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer 2011

Hello to all my blog friends! I have so missed you all!  What a crazy summer this has been for me. Not only have I been out of work for the last four months but I still have the rest of my life going on!

Can I just say the economy sucks! The job hunting is not very fun. I do get interviews so I guess that is good but just no solid job offers so that is not so good.  It is funny how you go for an interview and when you ask how soon you are looking to hire they always say right away! or last week! and then all you do is wait for the phone to ring!  I had one place that I had to do three interviews and by the time I got them all done it was 6 weeks after I started with the first one. I guess that is in a hurry? So the process is long and discouraging. Good news is that I had another interview today and it was great. So we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks to see if it pans out.

But on to the better things about being unemployed. My house is clean, my laundry is always caught up, I cook more often, I read a lot of books, I have re-painted my whole house, I have cleaned out the basement, finished my Mom Cave, I get to exercise whenever I want (wait is that a good thing?), don't forget the Harry Potter movie marathon leading up the last one :( and also re-reading book 7 too, and I get to spend TONS of time with my kids!!! They are not really seeing that as a plus anymore. They seem to be finding more and more things to do away from home lately. I am getting the hint. It probably has something to do with the week of hiking every day that did it to them.

My family is coming up to my house next weekend. So I am trying to find a great hike that the whole family can do together for one of the days they are here. Utah has tons of hiking trails all across the state that are of all different skill levels. So I decided that I should try some out so I can take the fam on the best one out there for all of us. So I subjected my kids to a hike a day for about a week. Every morning at 8am I was ready to leave and take them to the mountains! What a fabulous way to start the day right? Well for the most part it was fabulous. So needless to say we found the perfect hike that ends at an amazing waterfall. If you have ever heard of Sundance - as in the Sundance Film Festival, Sundance Ski Resort - that is pretty close to where we will be hiking at. It is only about a 30 min drive to the trailhead and it is truly some beautiful country there. I will post pics soon.  I have several other hikes I will post about that were great and even one that wasn't so great.

So that is what I have been up to this summer and so that didn't leave me much time for blogging. I have another great review for tomorrow. There are two more coming for next week and then another two the week after that. I am so excited for them.  In between all of that and hopefully some more hiking I will post some details about the hikes we went on and I am still going to post about my Oregon trip. I know, I know that I have been promising that for a while now but I am really going to do it!

I am going to try to spend more time getting on all my fav blogs over the next week. Now that the Mom Cave is actually finished and usable I can get on the computer more often.  So thanks for sticking with me and I will be visiting y'all soon!

No comments: